heck yes, homeschoolers get a spring break. or at least these ones do.
the bad news is that we had to cancel our plans for a little mini-road trip when we found out last-minute that the temple in st. louis was CLOSED for cleaning. [womp-womp.]
the good news is that--thanks to a heads-up from kelly--i bought a bike! it's pretty! it has a basket! it cost less than $100! not only that, but it makes me want to write with exclamation points! (sorry, no pictures yet, but rest assured that so far we are very happy together.)
we also bought a little bike seat for scout to ride in. she screamed the first time she rode with me (no, really, SCREAMED--citizens for miles around have now been advised to keep a close eye out for what is believed to be the notorious Suburban Bike-Ride Kidnapper), but then k met up with us after work, and of course she loved it, and even fell asleep shortly after he took over. (eyeroll. thanks for making me look bad again, kid.) she is papa's girl, that one. no doubt about it.
i estimate we rode around 10 miles on friday alone, which i think is pretty good with little ones. asher did have one pretty major wipe out--luckily, with only minor injuries--so there were some tears. but then i could have cried too on a couple of those hills. thank goodness for gas stations and band-aids and beef jerky.
other spring break highlights:
- snow on monday, but the rest of the week we had perfect spring weather.
- we made a leprechaun trap and ate green ramen noodles.
- k cooked corned beef.
- we went to mi ranchito on taco tuesday. (tacos for $1!)
- our daffodils started blooming.
- olivia had a friend stay for a late-over.
- we watched megamind two nights in a row.
- we started scout on a new anti-fungal med. fingers crossed.
- we finished the pie. (for the record, we did take some one to meredith and the other nurses at the hospital on sunday.)
- we ate outside a lot.
- we went swimming. and to the park.
- we made some progress on book 4.
that about sums it up for us. what did you do for spring break? or if it hasn't happened yet, what are your plans?