this caramel corn is light (ha, in texture not calories) and crisp, and you can really taste the butter and brown sugar. serve it in little brown kraft paper bags for a party. or eat it right out of the bowl while wearing your pajamas + watching dan in real life again. that's cool too.
the recipe makes two large cookie sheets. you could cut it in half if you like, or make the whole recipe and store some of it for later. up to you.
the original recipe is here, but this is how i do it:
1) preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
2) pop 2 bags of microwave popcorn.
3) pour contents of bags onto 2 cookie sheets (the kind with sides), taking care to remove any unpopped kernels.
4) in a large pot over medium heat, melt 2 sticks of butter. add 2 cups brown sugar, 1/2 cup corn syrup, and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt.
5) bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
6) as soon as mixture starts to boil, stop stirring. set the timer and boil for 4 minutes.
7) remove caramel from heat. add 1/2 teaspoon baking soda and 1 teaspoon vanilla. stir to combine well.
8) drizzle 1/2 of caramel over each pan of popcorn. stir to coat.
9) bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.